Financial aid is available to all qualifying Santa Clara families. Tuition assistance comes from either the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) or SCHS Scholarships. Local funding is acquired through fundraising efforts, donations, bingo and other sources. Families apply for both funds simultaneously. Only families who apply for CEF tuition assistance will be eligible for school based assistance.
Financial aid will be determined by the Santa Clara Tuition Assistance Committee. Utilizing the data from the SMART Tuition Assistance Analysis program, the Committee will determine the financial need for each family applying for assistance. The Committee will award tuition assistance in March to families based on the following criteria:
1) Financial need
2) Tuition payment history
4) Disciplinary record
5) Willingness to participate in extracurricular activities.
Current families receiving tuition assistance must reapply each year.
Dates to Remember
November 15, 2018……….CEF On-Site Visit All applying families must have an appointment
February 15, 2019 All applying families must have completed packets
How to Apply
1) Complete and sign the Catholic Education Foundation and Smart Tuition Analysis Forms
2) Make copies of all required supporting documentation (see below)
3) Write a letter to the Tuition Assistance Committee explaining your financial need. (1-2 pages, typed, double spaced.)
Supporting Documents Required
The following documents are required to complete the Tuition Assistance packet:
1) Copy of your 2017 Federal Tax Return which shows student as dependent (if married couple filing separately: copy of each return) and copies of all 2017 W-2 Forms
2) If self-employed/business owner: Schedule C or C-EZ (Profit/Loss Statement)
3) Schedule D, E, or F if income is reported on lines 13, 17 or 18.
4) If you received child support and/or alimony: provide legal proof of distribution
5) If unemployed or on disability: provide a formal letter stating benefit distribution in 2017
6) If working for cash: provide proof with a formal letter from employer and/or a sworn Statement signed and sealed by a Public Notary verifying income.
7) Other forms of compensation needing copies of supporting documentation: (i.e.) Social Security; AFDC/ Public Assistance (cash, food stamps); any other source of income
8) Copies of two most recent pay stubs
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an email to: email@example.com.