We are already in October with so many new and exciting things coming our way! For those of you who need VIRTUS training and would like to volunteer at the school for field trips or supervision, please check the website www.Virtus.org for the next training.
This week is mid-terms already! We encourage you to consistently check Teacherease.com to stay on top of all grades in classrooms. Our teachers welcome the collaboration with our parents and families as we focus on the needs of each student—Education is the most powerful tool we can provide our youth with as they are our future leaders. Even with freshmen we only have 4 years to prepare them for college and we want to make sure this is an option for all of our students. As a reminder, and consideration with the college option as one of our goals as we are a college prep school, for all students who receive an F as their semester grade will have to attend summer school at Santa Clara High School (this is an additional fee). Any grade below a C- we highly encourage the student to take summer school as well since all colleges and universities do not accept grades below a C. So students who get a grade below a C will need to make up the grade otherwise they will not be able to enter college after high school no matter what their other grades are. So as the progress reports come out, please make sure to have your students especially focus on grades below a C. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Homecoming is among us and we are greatly looking forward to this exciting time of year! Please keep an eye out for details and information as emails are sent out with specifics. On another note, please be careful for the morning drop off. We want to make sure that there are no accidents, especially while driving. We have noticed many people making illegal turns and parking in areas that are not permitted. Our first priority is the safety of our students.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Please save the following dates:
- Wednesday, October 5, Mass & Mass Attire for all with a Activity Schedule
- Friday, October 7th is Coffee with Marasco from 8:15am-9:15am, where parents are invited to come and meet with the Principal to discuss any new suggestions and socialize. There are 4 per year.
- Friday, October 14th is our Special Rally Schedule for Homecoming. Please come and support our school for homecoming as we have many surprises for you!
- October 17th-21st is Respect Life Week.
- Friday, Oct. 21st is Mandatory Parent-teacher conferences from 12-6pm. One parent must come and pick up the progress report during the above hours. We will charge $25 for those parents who do not pick up the progress reports.
- Friday, October 28th is our School-wide field trip
Gospel Meditation for the week:
“Jesus, I want to follow you. Show me what is holding me back from taking the next step.”
-Psalm 88:10-15 Luke 9:57-62
When we enter into dialogue with the Lord, we don’t always get the answer we seek. But we always get an answer. So linger long enough to listen, and let his words of invitation pierce your heart.
One day [Jesus asked his disciples]… “Who do you say I am?” -Luke 9:18 & 20
Life with Christ is an endless hope, without him a hopeless end –Anonymous
In Jesus’ Name,
Dr. Cori Marasco